MINEOLA, N.Y. – Nassau County District Attorney Madeline Singas announced that a high-ranking MS-13 gang member was sentenced to 23 years to life in prison for murder and related charges for the July 2017 killing of a 15-year old in Roosevelt.
Victor Lopez, also known as Persa, 31, of Roosevelt, pleaded guilty on December 11, 2019, before Judge Patricia Harrington to charges of Murder in the Second Degree (an A-I felony), Conspiracy in the Second Degree (a B felony) and Conspiracy in the Fourth Degree (an E felony).
His associate, David Sosa-Guevara, also known as Risky, 28, of Wyandanch, was sentenced to 24 years to life in prison on February 7 for his role in the crime.
“A 15-year-old boy was brutally murdered because this gang perceived this child as an “enemy,” DA Singas said. “Today’s life sentence of this gang lieutenant and last week’s life sentence of the MS-13 clique’s leader has dealt a significant blow to this criminal organization. We will continue to fight against any resurgence of MS-13 with all our dedicated law enforcement partners until they are eradicated from Nassau County.
DA Singas said that Lopez was a high-ranking lieutenant in MS-13’s Hollywood Clique and a close associate of David Sosa-Guevara, the head of the clique on Long Island. Lopez oversaw the members of the Hollywood Clique in Nassau and Suffolk counties and directed enforcement within the gang subgroup.
Angel Soler was murdered on July 21, 2017, in Nassau County. The victim’s body was mutilated – bearing injuries consistent with the use of a machete – and he suffered blunt force trauma to the head. Soler was left buried until his remains were discovered under cement on October 19, 2017, in a remote wooded area in Roosevelt, just south of the Southern State Parkway. The defendant admitted luring Soler to the location.
The defendant was arrested by members of the Nassau County Police Department on January 11, 2018.
Sosa-Guevara pleaded guilty on December 9, 2019, to murder and conspiracy charges.
Deputy Chief Jared Rosenblatt of DA Singas’ Major Offense Bureau, Deputy Chief Veronica Guariglia and Assistant District Attorney Charles Dunn of the Special Operations and Narcotics Bureau are prosecuting this case. The defendant is represented by Maureen McBride, Esq.
The Nassau County District Attorney thanks the following agencies for their assistance in this investigation:
- Anne Arundel County Police Department (Maryland)
- Bedford County Commonwealth Attorney (Virginia)
- Bedford County Sheriff’s Office (Virginia)
- Drug Enforcement Administration Houston Division
- Drug Enforcement Administration Long Island District Office
- Drug Enforcement Administration San Salvador Country Office
- Drug Enforcement Administration Washington, D.C. Division
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Baltimore
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Long Island Gang Task Force
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Newark
- Federal Bureau of Investigation New York
- Homeland Security Investigations
- Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office (Texas)
- Maryland State Police
- Maryland State’s Attorney, Harford County
- Maryland State’s Attorney, Prince George’s County
- Nassau County Police Department
- Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor for the City of New York
- Prince George’s County Police Department (Maryland)
- Suffolk County Police Department
- United States Attorney’s Office, Baltimore
- United States Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York
- United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York